USEFUL TIPS ON HOW TO MAXIMIZE YOUR FLIGHT TRAVEL DEALS
Saving on your trips does not necessarily mean traveling cheap, but paying as little as possible to travel as you want and do what you need to do. Although it seems like a truism. However, if you do not know how much you are spending, you don't know if it's too much or if it's too little.
In addition to considering a regular budget before booking your flight, you need to check what you spend on each occasion to see if you are adjusting to that budget. And if you are spending too much or if, simply, it was an unrealistic budget then you may need to re-evaluate things.
In this article, I have captured some fundamental ways that you can save money when paying for your flight. And if you find yourself booking a basic economy ticket, there’s a lot more than you can do to get more value for your money.
Generally speaking, a basic economy ticket comes with a seat on the plane and pretty much, little to nothing else. Which is why a Delta Basic Economy offers you an incredible value for your flight fares. Amongst its competitors in the flight industry, Delta is reputed for offering some of the most reasonable restrictions for its basic economy ticket packages.
So, if you’re considering a Basic Economy flight option on Delta, or you are wondering how you can cash in on the available options and get the most benefits at a reasonably low fare. This article is for you…
A fantastic way to beat any basic economy flight option is by using an airline co-branded credit card. And Delta isn’t an exception. Let’s have a quick review of some of the benefits that you can enjoy from American Express’ co-branded Delta cards. Then we’ll look at Delta’s Basic Economy restrictions and how you can use the card benefits to beat those restrictions.
SOME AMAZING CREDIT CARDS OPTIONS TO HELP YOU BEAT DELTA BASIC ECONOMY
American Express is a robust airline service that offers six distinct Delta credit cards solutions — three of which are personal, and the other three, business. They include:
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
- Delta Reserve Credit Card
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card
Now let’s have a closer look at Delta’s Basic Package…
The Basic Economy (electronic booking class) is Delta's reduced-rate product, for customers who are guided by the price. It offers limited flexibility and the basic features of this type of product. Customers who buy the Basic Economy fare enjoy the same flight experience as those in Main Cabin, including Delta's exceptional service; a seat in the Main Cabin, snacks, meals and drinks (with and without complimentary alcohol), Wi-Fi for purchase and free access to hours and hours of movies, programs and much more – but with the restrictions applicable to the ticket transaction.
Delta’s Basic Economy Restrictions Include:
- Assigned seats can be purchased from seven days to 24 hours before departure; its price will depend on the itinerary and maybe acquired segment by segment. If not purchased in advance, assigned seats can be purchased at no additional cost during check-in or at the boarding gate.
- It is possible that passengers traveling in groups, including families, cannot sit together.
- No changes can be made on the same day or refunds of the ticket after the end of the risk-free cancellation period
- Boarding in the last zone
- There may be limited space in the upper compartments (charges for checked baggage will not apply to hand luggage checked at the boarding gate).
- The tickets sold by Delta cannot be modified
- Payments or courtesy class upgrades or preferred seats cannot be accessed, even if you are a SkyMiles.
Now, let’s have a look at the flipside…
BENEFITS – IN SPITE OF THE RESTRICTIONS
- Your first checked bag will be free. Also applicable to up to 8 of your family members or friends who are traveling on the same reservation as you
- Significant value for large families from this benefit when booking Delta Basic Economy
- Priority boarding benefits with the opportunity to board in Zone 1 instead of Zone 4. This is particularly a much bigger benefit when you fly Delta Basic Economy than with any of the competitions
Do note, however, that you will need to attach your SkyMiles number to your reservation in order to qualify for your free bag and priority boarding benefits. Your designated card-member benefits will be applied automatically.
Of course, there are lots of other great incentives that come with each credit card, but one of the amazing discoveries you will make is knowing that complimentary checked bags and priority boarding will be a huge plus on your savings when flying Delta Basic Economy.
Moreover, Delta Basic Economy allows you to bring a carry-on item. This is in contrast to American and United where you are only allowed to bring personal items that are small enough to fit under your seat.
PRIORITY BOARDING AND SEAT ASSIGNMENT OPTIONS ON DELTA
In the general economy package, if you’re one of the last passengers to board the plane, you might be forced to gate-check your bag because it is quite unlikely that you will find a conducive space for your luggage. But you are probably already aware of the fact that gate-checking your bag can sometimes cause a twist in your travel plans. Which is another aspect where Delta Basic
Economy offers fantastic relief.
Thankfully, a co-branded Delta SkyMiles card offers you the opportunity to enjoy a Zone 1 priority boarding.
You will also be able to board right after the elite status passengers; before other main cabin members – a huge incentive when flying Delta’s Basic Economy as you will be guaranteed space in the overhead compartment among other exclusive benefits.
Considering the fact that you get to bring a full-sized carry-on bag, check a bag for free if you choose, or stick with a carry-on among other benefits. Delta’s Basic Economy flight package sure offers a vast range of incredible perks that distinguishes it from the competitors – especially when you have a co-branded Delta credit card.
While you may not be able to select your seat in advance with Delta as is the case with American and United, Delta Basic Economy does offer a more enjoyable experience in the long run! Cheers!!