There are many different types of travel reward cards. Airline reward cards give the opportunity to fly for free or for a reduced price, making your vacation or business trip more affordable. Dining Reward cards help with the cost of restaurant meals, a major expense when traveling. Cashback cards give you a percentage back on all of your purchases, while gas rewards cards pay you to make purchases at the gas station. Hotel reward card purchases earn you points that can be redeemed for free or discounted nights and other hotel expenses.
6 Starpoints Per $1 Spent at Participating Marriott Bonvoy Properties should be more than enough to make you take a serious look at this card.
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card has a host of valuable perks, such as a $300 annual statement credit against qualifying purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties and complimentary access to hundreds of airport lounges worldwide through Priority Pass Select.
Bonvoy Brilliant earns 6 Bonvoy points per $1 spent on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties with no spending limits or restrictions. U.S. restaurant purchases and purchases made directly with airlines earn 3 points per $1 spent, with no spending limits or restrictions. All other purchases earn 2 points per $1 spent.
Bonvoy points can be redeemed for free nights and room upgrades at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, or used for airfare and car rental redemptions with participating partners. When you redeem for hotel stays, you never have to worry about blackout dates.
- Welcome Offer. See rates and fees for current offer information.
- Hotel Rewards. Earn 6 Bonvoy points per $1 spent on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. U.S. restaurant purchases and flights booked directly with airlines earn 3 points per $1 spent. All other eligible purchases earn 2 points per $1 spent, with no caps or restrictions.
- Redemption. The best way to redeem points is free nights and room upgrades – with no blackout dates – at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels. You can also redeem for other types of travel with participating airlines and car rental companies. Redemptions generally begin at 7,500 points per night for budget-friendly Category 1 properties and rise to 85,000 per night for luxe Category 8 properties. If you don’t have enough points to redeem for a free night, you may be able to combine cash and points. See Marriott’s website for up-to-date information about redemption rates and resort fees not included in nightly awards.
- Preferred Customer Status. This card automatically comes with Gold Elite Status in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program. Benefits include 25% faster base Bonvoy point earnings, complimentary room upgrades where available, guaranteed reservations (with compensation for alternate accommodations when the property is unable to honor a reservation), flexible check-out times, and complimentary in-room Internet access. When you spend at least $75,000 in qualifying purchases during a calendar year, you earn an automatic upgrade to Platinum Elite Status, whose benefits include automatic upgrade to the best available room at check-in (where available), a 50% bonus on base Bonvoy point earnings, a welcome gift of your choice, and 4pm check-out.
- Key Fees. The card has a $450 annual fee. There are no foreign transaction fees. Cash advances cost the greater of $5 or 3%.
- Introductory APR. There is no introductory APR. Variable regular APR applies from day one.
- Other Perks. This card comes with a host of additional benefits, including up to $300 in statement credits against qualifying purchases made at Marriott Bonvoy properties, complimentary airport lounge access for the cardholder and two guests through Priority Pass Select, up to $100 in statement credits against Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fees, and free access to thousands of Boingo WiFi hotspots worldwide. Amex-sponsored fringe benefits include return protection, which pays up to $300 per item and $1,200 per calendar year for rejected merchandise returns.